Salt River Bars, a la Liberty Market.
One of our family favorites inspired by our go-to dessert at Liberty Market, and what recipe I probably get asked for more than any other. Nothing better than a salty but sweet, chewy but crunchy treat, am I right? If you're making for a very large group or party I'd double the recipe, but if you're only making for your family + leftovers, I'd follow this recipe as is and use a half cookie sheet. These are super rich and a little goes a long way! Watch a 30 second video tutorial, HERE.
1 Sleeve of Graham Crackers (Place in ziplock bag and smash into crumbs with rolling pin, or use food processor.)
1 Cup Butter (Yeah I know, I never said these were healthy!)
1 Box of Club Crackers
1 and 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Butterscotch Chips
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
Coarse Sea Salt for Sprinkling
1) Melt Butter in saucepan, then add brown sugar and milk.
2) Once melted, add the graham cracker crumbs to saucepan, stir and remove from heat.
3) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then lay club crackers across paper like tile, covering completely.
4) Pour a thin layer of butter/sugar mix over crackers evenly, then press another layer of club crackers on top.
5) Repeat step once more, until you have 3 layers of crackers and butter mix total. Put in fridge and let cool as you prepare the chocolate topping.
6) Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips, and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
7 ) Pour over bars evenly and finish with lots of sea salt. Put back in fridge until set and ready to serve. (About 2 hours!). Be sure to keep leftovers (if any!) in the fridge. Enjoy!